Monday 12 October 2009

The Bad Shepherds

"The Bad Shepherds" are a folk group who sing punk songs and are led by Adrian Edmondson. Emma Duff saw them at Dent Folk Festival and recommended them to YC. He duly saw them at The Sage last week. They played in Hall Two are were superb with excellent renditions of Teenage Kicks and I Fought The Law. Here is a clip of them on you tube taken at Dent Festival playing London Calling by The Clash.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-x5FsRLbh84&feature=related

They also did a splendid send-up of Steeleye Span's All Around My Hat which brought the house down. You can watch it below. For those who are easily offended, under 18, or (like Rev T) regularly wonder who Gazza is, it's probably best not to watch this one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNU1Pxm78ww

Addendum. John Telfer (NFR) writes:
I went to school with Adrian Edmondson when he was, for some unknown reason, known as Ted. I even acted on the same stage as him when he carried me onto the stage in a very large suitcase (I was only 14 at the time). I, of course, went on to become a fell runner of worldwide repute whilst he tried his hand at acting!